Prince William ‘kicked Harry out’ after Meghan’s bullying allegations: report

Family quarrel. New book excerpt claims Prince william and Prince harrythe fracture deepened following allegations that Meghan markle intimidated a palace employee during his time as an active member of the royal family.

New details on the bullying allegations were published in the UK newspaper The Times on Saturday, June 19, as part of an excerpt from Robert Lacey’s new book, Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult, released June 24. The author alleges that the Duke of Cambridge, 38, initiated the separation of his home from the Sussexes after complaints against the former actress, 39, were filed.

Prince Harry and Prince William. Shutterstock

“Prince William went mad when he heard the ‘distress file’ which [former communications secretary Jason] Knauf had gathered, ”Lacey wrote, adding that he was“ astonished and horrified ”.

The second in line to the throne believed the California native had a “program” and “undermined some valuable principles of the monarchy,” the book claims. More importantly, William is said to have feared that Meghan “appears to be stealing her beloved brother”.

Prince Harry, 36, was, however, “just as furious” that his brother was more inclined to believe staff members than his own family. He defended his wife when William felt “betrayed”. The “confrontation” that followed was called “fierce and bitter”.

“He had seen it as his job to watch over Harry, but this was the time when the protection had to end,” Lacey wrote. “Ultimately, the British crown and all that it stood for with its ancient traditions, styles and values ​​- the mission of the monarchy – had to matter more to William than to his brother.”

As the relationship deteriorated, “William just didn’t want her or Harry anymore,” the royal expert added.

The clip of the Battle of the Brothers ends by noting that Meghan and Harry’s move from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage and the division of their households were the ones William allegedly orchestrated. “William wanted to be separated from Meghan on a daily basis – and that also meant being separated from his brother,” Lacey wrote. “‘William’, said a friend, ‘threw Harry out.'”

When accusations of intimidation were released in March, Buckingham Palace said HR would look into the matter.

“We are clearly very concerned by the Times’ allegations following claims by former employees of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the palace statement posted on social media. “Accordingly, our HR team will review the circumstances described in the article. Staff members involved at the time, including those who have left the home, will be invited to participate to see if any lessons can be learned. “

A representative for the Duchess of Sussex has denied the allegations. “The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, especially as someone who has been the target of intimidation and who is deeply committed to supporting those who have suffered pain and trauma,” said a representative for Meghan in a statement to Us Weekly. in March.

The representative also told The Times that the intimidation accusations were part of “a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and damaging disinformation.” (Knauf, one of the many staff who have complained about Meghan, resigned as CEO of the Royal Foundation in May, two months after the claims were published.)

The alleged treatment of staff is not the only issue that separates the brothers. Last month, a royal insider told us that the relationship between the siblings has only worsened amid recent candid interviews with Harry on his CBS revealer and more.

“William thinks Harry should discuss his issues in private and cannot understand why he continues to hide his flesh and blood on television,” the source said after Harry’s docuseries release The Me You Can ‘ t See. “Of course, mental health is a serious issue, but William doesn’t understand why Harry continues to throw his family under the bus.”

The source added, “There’s no way they’ll trust him after this. The damage is done.”

Us Weekly has reached out to representatives for Kensington Palace and the Sussexes to comment on the new claims.

Listen to the Royally Us podcast for everything you want to know about our favorite family across the pond.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *